CSR – Corporate Social Responsibility
The present economic environment implies we all have to face a major challenge: meet the needs of our generation without compromising the chance of the future generations to meet their own needs.In line with this challenge, corporations around the world are being called upon to take responsibility for their impact on society and natural environment, while remaining committed to their financial obligations. Therefore, it is no longer acceptable for a corporation to focus its efforts toward economic prosperity and ignore its role within the community.
As a result of these major changes, national and global companies will have to shape a variety of short and long-term strategies in order to integrate social responsibility approaches into their current business activities. Even more, a close relationship with the key partners such as customers, employees, investors, suppliers, governmental officials and local communities is crucial for any company success.
Although some organizations gradually become aware of the significant impact their operations have on the society both at social, economic and ecological levels most organizations still do not acknowledge any responsibility to community and natural environment.
As a reliable partner for all organizations willing to implement an appropriate environmental policy our company is more than aware of its social responsibility which exceeds the traditional boundaries of a CSR.
Our company is involved in assisting other entities in their effort to better understand all the aspects related to Carbon Management, as a component to sustainable development.
All services we render are closely in line with the National Strategy for Climate Change and economic growth based on low-carbon emissions drawn up by the Romanian Ministry of Environment, Water and Forestry developed in partnership with the World Bank. The mentioned strategy aims to connect Romania to a new philosophy shared by all EU Member States: sustainable development.
In addition, we emphasize our determined commitment to:
- support our customers in their effort to move towards a low-carbon society. Therefore, we have launched this year our own CSR campaign which targets to calculate CO2 footprint, pro bono, for any company interested in identifying its degree of dependence on fossil fuels. Such an initiative implicitly presumes to evaluate the environmental impact associated to each of the activities carried out by the companies.
- raise public awareness in relation to the danger of climate changes.
- providing real support to companies willing to understand and properly apply both national and EU legislation regarding environment protection.
Furthermore, we are committed to reduce our own consumption of energy by:
- replacing fluorescent lamps and implementing light-emitting diode technology in order to decrease the electric energy consumption in lighting our offices.
- promoting the use of video conferences in order to avoid unnecessary trips.
- reducing the emissions of our vehicles by carrying out campaigns for economic driving and by using low emission cars.
- giving our employees the possibility to work at home, when possible, which reduces the CO2 emissions generated by the daily commute.
Despite our efforts to reduce the company dependence on fossil fuels there still remain unavoidable emissions for the year 2015. Thus, last year our emissions were estimated at 25,76 tons of CO2, including the impact of fuel consumption of the company vehicles, the energy usage related to our offices etc.
We remain true to our firm commitment to a sustained effort against climate change, being persuaded, more than ever, that if we want to see a change of attitude towards environment, we have to start with ourselves.
Be the change you want to see in the world